Abuja Blast: Soldiers Recover 3 Unused Bombs From Kuje

Abuja Blast: Soldiers Recover 3 Unused Bombs From Kuje

By Ephraim Adiele | Associate Editor on October 4, 2015
0
soldiers
Nigerian soldiers at the scene of the foiled bombing in Maiduguri on Wednesday, May 11, 2016 | PR Nigeria

Nigerian soldiers on Saturday, October 3, 2015 recovered three undetonated explosives from the scene where bomb blasts went off in Kuja area of Abuja on Friday, October 2, 2015.

According to Punch, a soldier who simply identified himself as David made this known while dispersing a crowd of youths and market women who had gathered at the scene, warning them that anything could still happen.

RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: Graphic PHOTO Of October 2 Abuja Market Suicide Bomber [LOOK]

Officer David told the crowd: “We are not happy that we are here. Some of us have been here since 11 pm yesterday (Friday). We have not taken our bath.

“Do you think we will go near the scene if we don’t have bomb detectors. We have recovered three explosives that had not exploded.”

Addressing the Punch reporter, he said: “This is the third time I am coming here to disperse them. Some of them are criminals. They want to steal the goods that had been left here by some of the traders so that it would be blamed on soldiers.”

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.