NAN – The Nigerian Army said on Saturday said it had rescued 20 abducted persons, after clearing four more suspected Boko Haram terrorists’ enclaves in Borno.
Col. Tukur Gusau, the Media Coordinator, Operation Lafiya Dole stated this while briefing journalists in Maiduguri.
Gusau said that the rescued persons, including 14 children and six women, were held in captivity by the terrorists before they were rescued by the army.
He said that the military had already provided medical and other necessary attention to the affected persons.
Gusau said that the rescue was part of the continuation of the military offensive to clear the Boko Haram terrorists from the North-East.
‘’The troops of the 103 Battalion under 21 Brigade early on Saturday conducted a 23-kilometer wide clearance operations in Rigaga and its adjourning villages in Bama axis.
He said: “Four suspected Boko Haram terrorists’ enclaves along the route of the operation were cleared and a number of terrorists were killed.
“Two suspected terrorists were captured alive and currently undergoing interrogation in accordance with the Nigerian Army rules of engagement.
Gusau said that the army had also recovered materials for making Improvised Explosive Devise (IED) in other operations around Lagaran Fulani and Ango Baya villages.
‘’This is in furtherance to the offensive operations toward the clearance of Lagaran Fulani and Ango Baya villages.
“Troops of the 28 Task Force Brigade conducted reconnaissance patrol to identify possible blockage position along Bitta Yamteke road”.
‘He said that during the conduct of the operation, troops recovered some items at Sasawa terrorists’ camp.
“They include IED making materials: two cylinders, one Motorola radio, Garmin GPS detonating cords and 1 RPG bomb”.