The dreaed Boko Haram sect have recaptured forty five out of the 63 women and children who escaped being abducted at Damboa and Chibok villages in Borno State.
The Islamic terror group recaptured them after attacking military and police formations in Damboa on Friday night, July 4, 2014, Vanguard reports.
Sources said that those escaped from the gunmen were 18, leaving 45 abductees in the hands of insurgents.
A member of Chibok Vigilante Group, Abass Gava, while speaking of the recapture of the victims in a telephone interview in Maiduguri said that 63 women and children who initially escaped during the clashes between the military and Boko Haram had been recaptured, while attempting to flee from the camps where they were held in their respective villages.
“It is very unfortunate and shocking to tell you today (yesterday) that 45 of the 63 escaped women and children were kidnapped again on Sunday night, leaving only 18 that ran into this forests,” he said.