Ondo: Woman Found Dead In Church Well Following ‘Deliverance’ Session

Ondo: Woman Found Dead In Church Well Following ‘Deliverance’ Session

By Wires Editor | The Trent on February 26, 2018
founder son Agom Maiwada Galadima, Samuel Aruwan, Nasir El-Rufai, yacht
Candle Light | The Trent

Funke Ojo, a member of  Cherubim and Seraphim Church in Akure, Ondo State has been found dead inside a well at the church’s premises.

The deceased was said to have left her mother’s house for the church programme on Saturday, February 24, 2018.

But members of the church denied the claim saying that she did not attend the said program, adding that no one knew she had jumped inside the well.

Residents of Ayedun area in Akure described the incident as a mystery, as they wondered what could have led the woman to take her own life.

According to a source in the area, the deceased did not have any trace of mental illness.

The source said, “On Saturday night, she complained to her mother that she was having a slight malaria fever. So she later told her mother that she wanted to go to the church. The mother was even asking her to rest since she had malaria but she insisted going to the church.

“Nobody knew how she got into the well, it was someone who wanted to fetch water in the well this morning that saw her lifeless body inside the well and raised the alarm to call the attention of the residents of the area.”

It was gathered that some youths in the area evacuated the corpse from the well and took her away for burial.

Following the incident, Segun Oriade, the pastor of the church, was said to have been arrested by police for interrogation.

Mr. Femi Joseph, the police public relations officer in the state, who confirmed the incident but said the command was yet to know why and how the incident happened.

He confirmed the arrest of the pastor of the church, saying “he will be helping us in our investigation.”

He said, “It happened early hour of Sunday, February 25, 2018, the deceased was sick and her mother of took her to the church for prayer and later she went home and came back to the church late in the evening on Saturday. ‎

“But they found her lifeless body inside the well on Sunday morning. Nobody can say anything about it for now but we have commenced investigation into the matter.”

Read more at Dailypost


Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.