Governor Nyesom Wike on Friday, May 29, 2015 took over the reins of authority in Rivers State and set the ball rolling almost immediately.
Here are 5 things he did in his first day on the job:
1. He reinstated the Rivers State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) lecturers sacked by former Governor Rotimi Amaechi.
2. He appointed a new Chief Judge, a position that had been vacant for months, prompting the Chief Justice of the Federation , Mahmuh Mohammed to direct the Bayelsa State Chief Justice to handle the swearing in ceremony of Governor Wike.
3. He ordered the opening of all courts in Rivers State as from Monday, June 1, 2015. The courts had also been closed for months.
4. He directed the hitherto moribund State House of Assembly to also resume sitting as from Monday, June 1, 2015.
5. He also made sure Julius Berger return to work in Rivers State, after Amaechi had stopped them.