by Chelsea DeBaise
1. The only way to kill the virus is by using incredibly expensive hand sanitizers.
Doctors have said time and time again that hand washing, with soap and water, is the way to kill the virus before it enters your system
2. You cannot contract the virus from a deceased person.
3. The Ebola virus is Airborne.
The virus is spread through bodily fluids—it is NOT airborne
4. You won’t get Ebola if you’re healthy with a healthy immune system.
5. The Ebola virus is not sexually transmitted
6. A person who has recovered from the Ebola virus is still infected, and can spread the disease.
7. Health care workers brought the disease into the countries that have been affected.
There is a lot of blame being placed on health workers for spreading the disease, but research has suggested these claims are unwarranted. It seems most likely that the hands-on dealing with animals is what has led to the spread of the disease.