TRAGIC: 60-Year-Old Stroke Patient Burns To Death In Ondo

TRAGIC: 60-Year-Old Stroke Patient Burns To Death In Ondo

0
Lagos Romanus Orjinta ita ekpeyong

A 60 year-old man who suffered stroke identified as Ige Oyinleye was roasted to death over the weekend inside his room located at Ita-Ogbolu, the headquarters of Akure North local government area of Ondo State.

A source disclosed that the fire started by mid night when a candle placed beside his bed fell on the bedsheet and eventually razed the entire room including Oyinleye whose health condition made it impossible for him to escape the accident.

According to Daily Post reports, the source explained that Oyinleye who had six children has been suffering from the ailment for the past two years and since then he has relocated to Ita-Ogbolu, his home town, from Akure where he lived with his family.

It was learnt that since he relocated, he had been staying alone in his hometown while his family were in Akure although his wife, identified as Funke always took food to him everyday.

Speaking about the unfortunate incident, one of the residents of the community, Bayo Isiaka explained that some people rushed to the scene of  the fire inferno and were able to curtail it although the man couldn’t be saved as he was already roasted in the accident.

He said, “We learnt that the wife as usual was around to give her husband food and before she returned to Akure, there was no light; the woman put on a candle which she placed beside her husband but she forgot to quench the candle before she left for Akure.

“It was at the middle of the night that the candle fell on the bed and since the man cannot walk, the fire met him on the bed and burnt him with the bed”.

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO of the state, Wole Ogodo when contacted for a confirmation stated that he was yet to get an information on the matter.

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.