There are some women who find that they have a very low sex drive. Sometimes they feel as if it is gone for good. Many will go to the doctor to see what is wrong with them thinking that it is a medical issue when in fact it is something that is very psychological. If you find that you are experiencing a low sex drive take a look at these five psychological possibilities that you may not think are an issue at first:
1. You feel like your husband is controlling you: You may feel that you have no control in your marriage whether it is about money, where you go, or who you are able to be friends with. Not many people like to be controlled like this and it can make sex not as enjoyable as it should be. Sex is one of the few things in a marriage that a woman has control over when she has a controlling partner.
2. You aren’t attracted to your husband anymore: While you may not consciously realize it you may not be attracted to your husband any longer. His appearance may have changed since you have been married or he has let his personality that you fell in love with slip. Whatever the reason you just don’t find him desirable any longer. To overcome this you can try and suggest a change such as exercising together to get back into shape.
3. You have anger towards your husband: When you get into a big fight the anger can last. Even if you feel that you have been able to work the issues out there still may be some anger that lurks deep down that could stick around for year. Communicate openly with your husband and if you cannot do that speak with a therapist to try and resolve the anger issue.
4. You are stressed out: When you are stressed sex is probably the last thing on your mind. You are tired from a long day at work or have had so much housework to do you can’t even think straight. Take an hour every day and have some “you” time to help you relax and get rid of some stress
5. You have no communication: When you get comfortable in your daily lives you end up talking about the kids or work but never about each other. A small compliment can go a long way for both you and your husband.