Has your online store recently hit the proverbial glass ceiling? If your business is to smash through this barrier and overcome this hurdle, it’s imperative that you put the advice laid out below into practice.
Here are three things you must do to take your e-commerce business to the next level:
Get on top of your finances
Before you attempt to improve your profit turnover, you must make an effort to get on top of your finances. This will make you aware of how much money you can afford to invest into your business’ ongoing growth, which in turn will provide you with a clearer insight into what you need to do to stabilize your cash flow.
Don’t worry, this need not be a difficult or arduous task. With the BeProfit Profit Calc & Reports app at your disposal, you will undoubtedly find it easier to understand your Shopify profits. This accurate cash calculator will simplify your sales turnover in real-time. Ultimately, this will provide you with the platform you need to track your company’s true profitability.
Optimize for mobile devices
If you want your online store to appeal to the masses, you must optimize it for mobile devices. More and more people are now opting to shop via their smartphones rather than their laptops and tablets, which is why you must ensure that your e-commerce platform collaborates for mobile use.
Here are five things that you can do to optimize your site for mobile devices:
1. Make use of a fixed navigation bar
2. Position your products front and center
3. Minimize the amount of text displayed on product pages
4. Install a sticky ‘Add to Cart’ feature (this will help to influence action)
5. Replace the standard drop-down menu with photographs of product variants
Improve your SEO
Do you want your online store to appear first whenever Google searches are conducted in its niche market? If so, you must go above and beyond to enhance your search engine optimization efforts. Once you perform this crucial task effectively, your platform will slowly start to creep its way up towards the search engine results pages (SERPs). Ultimately, this will result in more potential consumers coming across your online store, which in turn will be sure to have a profound positive impact on your lead generation numbers.
To improve your e-commerce SEO performance, you must:
1. Create dynamic meta descriptions
2. Ensure that your product descriptions are wholly unique
3. Only index one version of your website domain
4. Introduce pagination elements to all of your category pages
5. Enhance the overall speed of your site
6. Remember to reindex any products that have been discontinued
7. Promote your content on various external platforms (social media, blogs, etc.)
Is your e-commerce business ready to take that next all-important step in its development? If your online store is to enjoy both a seamless transitional period and a fruitful future in the future, it’s imperative that you heed the above advice.