- 1.Admit that in electing you, we failed, failed, failed Nigeria.
- Admit that the silly promises you used to win the elections are just that – silly; abandon them loudly.
- Develop and implement a Nigeria-centric economic plan that offers relief in the short run and sustains economic vitality in the long run.
- Develop and implement a Marshall Plan to address institutional rot in education, safety and security, healthcare, transportation, and social services.
- Free Nnamdi Kanu; in so doing you will relegate him to the fringe element he was before you loudly made him an undeserved prisoner of conscience.
- Fire all members of your inarticulate PR team and hire real professionals who know how to communicate with your traducers and friends.
- Fire your economic team. They are not ready for prime time.
- Admit that Nigeria as presently constituted is an inefficient unitary behemoth that must be restructured with power devolving from the corrupt center.
- Admit that the dollar is our official currency as opposed to the Naira, that pretend currency of peasants.
- Reach out to the opposition, admit that you have no idea what you are doing, ask for and receive help with gratitude to the gods of our ancestors.
- Initiate a real war on corruption, not the ongoing war of attrition against your personal enemies.
- Apologize to the Nigerian people for lying to them and letting them down; we are a forgiving people, you will be fine. Just apologize already!
Ikhide Ikheloa is a writer and literary critic. He is one of The Trent’s Elite Bloggers. He tweets from @ikhide.
The opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author.