She’s Back! Paula Deen Gets $75 Million To Bankroll Her Comeback Following...

She’s Back! Paula Deen Gets $75 Million To Bankroll Her Comeback Following Racial Slur Controversy

By Wires | The Trent on February 15, 2014
0

They say money has no color, and that seems especially true when the color black stands in the way of the color green.

Powerhouse chef Paula Deen was embroiled in controversy after it was revealed during court proceedings that she’d made racial slurs, but now that a few months have passed, all is forgiven and a firm has decided to invest $75 million dollars in Deen’s comeback.

Deen was dropped from the Food Network, Target, and Wal-Mart during the controversy, but now she’s founded a new business, Paula Deen Ventures, which includes all of her business efforts, such as cookbooks and and cookware.

Deen is partnering with Najafi Media, a company which specializes in consumer distribution, and the company is investing big bucks in Deen’s future success.

In a statement, the company says it has “a deep respect for the hard work, unique content and quality products which Paula has built around her brand.”

After Deen admitted using a racial slur to describe an African-American man, many of Deen’s biggest sponsors dumped the chef, who had been considered the queen of Southern cuisine. Deen apologized in an emotional YouTube video, which was taken down almost as quickly as it was posted.

Amid the controversy, an employee of Deen’s, who’d been with Deen since the beginning and said she’d been promised riches if she stuck it out with Deen, revealed that she was only being paid $10 an hour and still lived in a trailer home.

Deen’s cookbooks actually saw improved sales after the controversy surrounding her use of racial slurs.

(via Kulture Kritic)

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.