A star of Greece’s Big Brother has been accused of raping a 21-year-old British tourist.
Steve Milatos, 30, was arrested on Tuesday, May 24, 2022, after he allegedly attacked the girl in a field in Rhodes after asking her to join him in a nightclub.
Milatos, who was on Greece’s version of the reality show last year, denies the allegations.
His lawyer said the sex was consensual.
The alleged victim is being examined by medics and a psychiatrist, according to Proto Thema.
The reality star, who has more than 110,000 Instagram followers, is expected to testify before a prosecutor on Thursday, May 26, 2022.
He has previously worked with major fashion houses including Diesel and has walks on the runway for Givenchy and Jean Paul Gaultier, reports say.
Big Brother has come under fire before after a female contestant on the Spanish version was forced to watch back distressing footage of her alleged sexual assault in the diary room.
Carlota Prado, a contestant on the 2017 series of the show, was called to the diary room where she was informed of the alleged sexual assault by fellow contender and boyfriend Jose Maria López, with whom she had began a relationship with while in the house.
Prado, who had no idea of the events that had unfolded in bed the night before, was shown a video of Mr López having sex with her while she was passed out in bed.
She found the video footage played out on the diary room screen distressing and asked: ‘Please, Super, stop now, please.’
The scene was recorded by production company Zeppelin and was never aired on TV.
Programme bosses called in Civil Guard officers after expelling Mr López from the show.
According to digital newspaper El Confidencial, after being shown the footage, Ms Prado was not allowed to go and tell her fellow contestants what had happened but was instead asked to immediately leave the show temporarily.
Prado decided not to ratify the complaint, and returned to the Big Brother house five days later.
The paper reported that footage of the alleged assault shows Ms Prado, who was inebriated with alcohol that had been supplied to the contestants for a party, rejecting her partner’s advances, telling him: ‘No I can’t.’
Despite this, he got into bed with her and allegedly proceeded to have sex with her for several minutes while she was unconscious.
In 2015, a contestant was also removed from the South African version after he was accused of sexually assaulting a fellow housemate.
Siyanda Ngwenya allegedly assaulted a woman while she was asleep in the Big Brother house.
The pair had been seen kissing and cuddling in bed before the cameras cut away.
He told housemates the following day they had sex but she was apparently shocked and said she had not consented.