United States Condemns Dapchi Schoolgirls Abduction

United States Condemns Dapchi Schoolgirls Abduction

By News Agency of Nigeria on February 23, 2018
0
United States, Condemn, Abduction, Schoolgirls, Yobe
Ms Heather Nauert, The Spokesperson of the US Department of State. | Khyber News

The United States of America has condemned the indiscriminate abduction of scores of schoolgirls of Government Girls Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe, by suspected Boko Haram terrorists.

Heather Nauert, the spokesperson of the US Department of State, at a press briefing on Thursday, February 22, 2018, said the US was yet to get all the details about the abduction.

“We are still trying to get all the details about that but we wanted to mention that we condemn in the strongest possible terms the terror attack on a school earlier this week in north-eastern Nigeria.

“The choice of targets including schools, markets and places of worship reflect the brutality of terror organisations.

“The victims in the attacks were girls who were simply seeking an education,” Nauert said.

She said the US extended its condolences to the students and to their families affected by the terror attacks.

The US also expressed its concerns that some of the students are still not accounted for.

“We continue to support Nigeria’s efforts to counter the terror group.

“We also support Nigeria’s efforts to enable more than two million displaced in the Lake Chad region to return home safely.

“United States continues to provide humanitarian assistance to those who were affected by the violence,” she said.

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.