10 Facts About Masturbation They Don’t Want You To Know

10 Facts About Masturbation They Don’t Want You To Know

by Yomi Adegboye

I do not expect that this article will change anyone’s mind about anything. I do feel that someone ought to speak out about this thorny subject and present clear facts and info about it for the benefit of those who have been harassed and made to feel less than human because they masturbate.

What Is Masturbation?

Masturbation is the sexual stimulation of one’s own genitals, usually to the point of orgasm. The stimulation can be performed using the hands, fingers, everyday objects, or dedicated sex toys. I lifted that definition right off Wikipedia, as it is an accurate description and I do not feel compelled to reinvent the wheel.

Masturbation Is Not A Sin

As I am a Christian (while this article is not religious in nature), I feel a need to speak out for the Bible. There is not one verse of the Bible that condemns self-stimulation. There is not one that insinuates such a condemnation. Yet, day after day, we hear preachers condemn masturbation as a sin. Their arguments?

There is the argument that sex was created for mutual pleasure: Yes; I agree. Sex was. But masturbation is not sex. It is sexual, and many other things are sexual, but it is not sexual intercourse in itself. Sex is for mutual benefits; masturbation is for personal benefits. Two different things. Yet, as I shall show later, masturbation can be helpful in enhancing sexual intercourse. Not only is it not a sin, it is a good thing.

There is also the argument that Jesus said if you lust after the opposite sex in your mind, you are sinning. Yes; that is correct too, but then what part of physically stimulating yourself with the hands, fingers or any other object is lusting after someone in your mind? If a Christian lusts after someone in their heart while masturbating, then such a one has crossed the line that Jesus drew. That does not make masturbation in itself a sin. That person has merely corrupted a clean act and needs to deal with his or her thoughts.

Someone asked me yesterday how I want to prove that “those activities are censored and powered by the Holy Spirit”. Let me ask a question in response: Have you ever given any thought to what happens during actual sexual intercourse? A man and a woman panting, sweating and heaving like two idiots. All those cool looking dudes in suits (yes; that includes me) don’t look so cool when banging their women and look like grotesque demons when having an orgasm. What seems Holy Ghost approved and powered about a hormone-raging man ramming a stiff rod into a woman again and again and having her moan like an animal? And as for the women, all those prim and proper women we see in public often look like demon-possessed pagan priestesses during intercourse.

Seriously, apart from the “Jesus!! Jesus!!” that some of the women cry out when in the throes of a good romp or an orgasm, there cannot be anything about sex that looks like the Holy Ghost gives approval to the activity. Yet, He does. Case closed. The issue of Holy Ghost approval and all that is in the mind. The Bible that Christians claim to uphold does not make an issue of these things or of masturbation.

I am tired of Christians being so close-minded that they manufacture rules to help God. First, God doesn’t need your help. Second, take a look around you and ask yourself if this close-mindedness has helped your homes. Sexually dissatisfied husbands and wives everywhere, many of whom will not speak out though their marriages are in shambles. And many of them stubbornly refusing to look at facts when presented to them. Their call still.

Masturbation Is Addictive

Yes; it is. But then, so are mobile phones, food, chocolate, wine, Coke, Twitter, Facebook and football. Yet, no-one is screaming “Sin!!!” for all those. Oh, even sexual intercourse itself is addictive. Let’s just lay aside all those things because they are addictive; shall we? No; how to deal with anything that has the potential for being addictive is not to stay away from it, but to exercise moderation.

Masturbation Is Not A Dirty habit

Some people call masturbation a dirty habit. In what sense? It produces mostly the same results as sexual intercourse – the man ejaculates. The woman has an orgasm and in some cases squirts. What else? Masturbation is just as dirty as sexual intercourse is, as far as I can tell.

Masturbation Is Healthy

In general, the medical community considers masturbation to be a natural and harmless expression of sexuality for both men and women. It does not cause any physical injury or harm to the body, and can be performed in moderation throughout a person’s lifetime as a part of normal sexual behavior. Source

If you use other objects apart from your hands, be careful though so you don’t hurt yourself. Perhaps you should visit a sex shop for some toys instead.

Why You Should Masturbate

Now that I have cleared the objections to masturbation, let me tell you why you should masturbate.

One: masturbation helps you get comfortable with your sexuality. You get to know your body and what triggers you. That means you can generally be a better sexual mate to your spouse. How do you expect your spouse to pleasure you sexually when you are so clueless about yourself to start with? Do your partner a favour and play with yourself!

In counselling couples with sexual issues over the years, especially where one partner is sexually naive, I have recommended that he/she masturbates to become more comfortable with their own sexuality. A woman who is cold and passive during sex can be a big problem to her husband. Masturbation helps deal with that. She learns what she likes and what triggers her off. She learns what makes her climax. She becomes better at sex with her husband. Same thing the other way round.

Two: With many couples, one person usually has a higher sexual drive than the other. This can put pressure on the relationship. Masturbation is an outlet for such individuals. Women keep complaining about their husbands masturbating, yet forget that they are the ones who come up with excuses of having had a tired day or having a headache when the poor man wants sex with them. Such women are evil and insensitive. Totally selfish. This applies to the men too. If your wife has a higher sex drive than you do, masturbation is a good let off of sexual pressure. In the alternative, you could let her roam….

Three: For single folks, masturbation is a good way of relieving the sexual tension that can build up over time. It is safer than casual sex and doesn’t cost you buying anybody lunch or dinner. Or breaking anybody’s heart just because you are horny. For example, every month whether a woman likes it or not, she gets horny (that’s every 60 seconds for a man, by the way). This is a biological function. For some, it is more intense than others. Masturbation is a good way out. No; in itself, masturbation will not hamper your sexual intercourse later. Don’t believe the hype.

Four: Masturbation produces almost all the other benefits of sex without actual sex. It is a good anti-depressant, relieves tension (not just sexual tension), helps you sleep, and keeps the mind sharp.

Who Masturbates?

Almost everybody masturbates, including many of those people who tell you that it is sinful, dirty, and a bad habit (yes; the hypocrisy is filthy). Most people start masturbating from their teens. Remember wet dreams when you first hit your teens? Usually that’s where it starts. A wet dream is a natural procedure by the body. No; it has nothing to do with witches and wizards or spiritual husbands and wives. God knows how many spiritual wives I must have by now if I count all the times I have had a wet dream. Thankfully, I had an educated and enlightened father who explained to me that it was nothing to worry about when he saw my bed stains many years ago as a teenager.

Masturbation is a normal part of the growing child’s exploration of his or her body and continues for the rest of the lives of most people. If you masturbate, you are not an oddity. Actually, its those who claim not to masturbate that are the oddities. Don’t let anyone crush your spirit ever again about this. There is nothing wrong with you. There is nothing to be ashamed of about it. As long as you don’t let it become an addiction or a problem to normal sexual activity with your partner (and usually it becomes a problem when fantasy gets involved), you are all fine and dandy.

Did I leave anything out?

Yomi Adegboye aka Mister Mobility is a Content Creator, Speaker, Maverick, Mobile Connoisseur, Music Lover, and Managing Editor of Mobility.ng. Follow him on Twitter @Mister_Mobility, on LinkedIn at YomiAdegboye, and circle him on Google+. This article was originally published on Mobility.ng.

Print Friendly

Sponsored Links

52 Responses to "10 Facts About Masturbation They Don’t Want You To Know"

1. Abel Bivan  February 12, 2014 at 8:54 pm

This article seems to have been written by a man who uses reason by human standards. But, my dear writer, things of God cannot be thought of or understood using the wisdom of man. Masturbation is simply satanic and your explanations are the devil’s way of deceiving men. Beware that you do not advocate for satan and thereby lose your soul. You said you are a chritian but you lack knowledge in Christianity ask and God will reveal them to you.

• X man  March 12, 2014 at 12:37 pm

you seem to know satan too well mr man.

• Charliebravo  March 30, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Hey writer , dosnt ur bible tell u ” if ur right hand cuzes u to sine , plog it off ………..” ?

• Charliebravo  March 30, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Hey writer , dosnt ur bible tell u ” if ur right hand cuzes u to sine , cut it off ………..” ?

• Charliebravo  March 30, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Hey writer , dosnt ur bible tell u ” if ur right hand cuzes u to sin , cut it off ………..” ?

2. Anonymous  February 12, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Sex wit your wife is different 4rm masturbation becon it gives u baby,but when u masturbate u waste ur sperm therefore is a sin.

• Snook  February 13, 2014 at 10:41 am

Masturbating is unGodly, and it is a sin, Writer please don’t corrupt the younger ones, and the other generation to come after us, because this is totally a poison from satan, a satanic thing, and illuminati mission to destroy the beautiful World created by Almighty God. I pray you all shall never make it.

And to the younger ones, open your minds, and your minds, I pray Almighty God see us through these devilish plans. (AMEN!).

3. jayone  February 12, 2014 at 11:34 pm

Abel bivian u are wrong, writer you are not totally correct especially your presentation is wrong. I will not go into religion but I can advise fasting for increased libido or what you called horny and second drive.

4. Anonymous  February 13, 2014 at 10:33 am

5. Snook  February 13, 2014 at 10:37 am

6. Anonymous  February 13, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Satanc Act…may God help us with all dis devilsh teacher

7. Anonymous  February 13, 2014 at 12:07 pm

So sad no one comments to the logic or science behind his arguments. Nice piece. Might I add that it reduces the chances of prostrate cancer and emphasize that it reduces the odds of unplanned pregnancies and STDs. And by the way, isn’t it easier to deal with your spouse cheating on you with his hands (or inanimate object) than with a fully functional replacement of your too-pious selves? Just saying.

8. Anonymous  February 13, 2014 at 1:12 pm

I agree with the writer. Besides not everybody is a christian. YES to masturbation. And I’m female.

• Anonymous  February 13, 2014 at 3:24 pm

U will later find out that all dese people who condemn d act are d masters

9. Oriyomi1994@gmail.com  February 13, 2014 at 6:03 pm

The word of God says ” if ye know the truth, the truth shall set you free”
    It is only personal conviction that can make anybody feel that its a sin, the moment you have this feeling just stop it because it is the Holyspirit telling you that
    All I have to say is that its a sin from the moment you start feeling bad about it.

10. Anonymous  February 13, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Really funny tho. Its not the issue of being α cristian or not, just seek for direction and guidience from the God u serve so that u wunt do the wrong thing and pray that u always do the wright thing pls! The Lord will help our faith.

• Anonymous  February 13, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Positive!just apply moderation 2 it!it becumz a sin wen u feel dat itz bad!

• Globalwealthplus@gmail.com  February 13, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Positive!just apply moderation 2 it!it becumz a sin wen u feel dat itz bad!

11. O O P  February 13, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Mastorbating is bad, to be sincere it is a sin to yourself and to GOD. Bcos Bible say your body is tђε temple of the God so why defiling it. I used to mastorbate before. For many years. But while in tђε act. The Holy spirit used to condemn ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥. But it used to be very diff for ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ to stop. The is not far fetch, it is bcos it is bcos there is DEMON behind it, and this demon will make it diff for you to stop it. Pls Bros and Sis. I beg u in the name of God. If u used do it it pls try and stop it and with prayer and Deliverance tђε Lord will help you to stop.
    Formerly mastorbate, But Now free from tђε power that is wasting my virtues through mastorbation.

12. OPE  February 13, 2014 at 10:08 pm

• Anonymous  February 17, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Lmaooooo. I want to slap you. shut up please

13. Collins  February 14, 2014 at 4:02 am

I can’t recall the last time I comment on issues like dis, maybe it is because I just can’t stand people who hide behind religion to cover their ignorance. When issues are scientifically and medically tested and approved someone will come out and want to say what God said quoting one scripture or the other.
    You practice what is best for you. The writer did not say you should masturbate, all he said is, masturbation may not be sin in itself. And I don’t think he’s the first person to make that observation. I recall sometime ago Pst Chris Oyakhilome made it clear too.
    When you have a personal problem and you want to generalize or use it as a standard to judge every other that is ignorance.
    And for the religious aspect; you don’t have to belong to a religious denomination to or not to experience any natural phenomena. You can keep what you think to yourself but don’t judge those who share what they know.
    And those of you professing Christianity and a universal God, I think it is high time you started putting some rein to your babbling because there are lots of things you don’t know.
    Masturbates if you think it helps you or if in any way you can’t help it, you can also quit if you feel it makes you dirty but don’t tell me it is a sin when you don’t have any scriptural, medical or scientific backing.
    Back off all you hypocrites…

• tonia  April 6, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Your right collins. Do what makes u feel good…

14. Dons  February 14, 2014 at 6:04 am

It is a sin, Instead of burning urself in mastorbation you better get married, its in the bible.

• mk  March 1, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Where pls?

• Anonymous  March 2, 2014 at 2:23 am

Whr pls I’ve been searching for yrs

15. Anonymous  February 15, 2014 at 11:07 pm

He dat is without sin,let him cast d 1st stone (Jesus;3000 yrs ago). Everything nw is a sin. For goodness sakes,dis man jus said wat he felt n knws n has scientific,physical n biological backings on wat he said;why are u crucifying him? I dnt see anything sinful in wat dis man said. Soon u born agains will say breastfeeding is a sin. Na wa o. Stop making following Jesus an impossible thing for many of us dat want to Make heaven. U did well by telling some of us d truth. I will rather masturbate dan mess myself up wit an infected person. Xtians look at d medical advantages b4 condeming d young man.

16. edgarpeprah@gmail.com  February 16, 2014 at 1:54 pm

When u get married n ur wife is heavy or just delivered, if ur argro start I really wnt to knw how long u will suppress it n or how u would…. Ask ur doctor n pastor too….

17. Anonymous  February 17, 2014 at 6:54 pm

this is a great enlightenment that have disturbed the minds of many religious. anyways i must commend the writer for the thorough scruntiny he has given this sensitive subject. for those who are conservative about this know ye that no knowlege is vain. and if you cast stones be sure you are not living in a glass house.

18. Anonymous  February 17, 2014 at 8:01 pm

I’m mad at these people coming here to “preach”. I don’t know why you always bring in religion into these things. I’m a young lady, and I masturbate. I would rather touch myself than sleep around. I’m not tampering with anything or doing myself any harm. Writer, nice read!

19. mickymash@gmail.com  February 18, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Very bold piece. In as much as we seek information and enlightenment, we must sift out the truth. Several things we do are not documented in details in out Holy books but we still do them. My take on this is follow your heart, if it condemns you, desist if not, you have your reasons for doing what you are doing.

20. zee  February 20, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I must say,this is really odd,she has some point there,we are only humans.we all make mistakes

21. Anonymous  February 21, 2014 at 4:37 pm

things come up day by day, i will say it is better for you to know your God.

22. Henry  February 21, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Masturbation is bad. It takes away virtues from us. It is devilish and anyone who says it is good, the Bible told me to inform you, that you will die in your foolishness. Repent and do good. Jesus is Lord! Don’t use sin to justify sin please.

23. ribioko sebioko  February 22, 2014 at 11:24 am

I think the writer has done quite a good job of dissecting this topic,as for those that condemn it,good luck with your beliefs.

24. Anonymous  February 28, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Amen to this my brother

25. igprince  March 1, 2014 at 1:35 am

See comments….funny….I just enjoyed the comment of the bold ladies who said: yes, they masturbate. I think they are the only christains here. 26CFD324…

26. Mark  March 1, 2014 at 5:45 am

This is “LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL”… You better give your life to Christ and advocating for sin to be promoted.

27. bola  March 1, 2014 at 6:26 am

Mastubration is the work of devil, you are having sex with evil force, if you have this problem please go for deliverance.

28. zuller  March 1, 2014 at 8:35 am

hw long ar we going to hide ourselves from the truth that masturbatn is a devil work..

29. mascot  March 1, 2014 at 11:32 am

If u claim that masturbation is a sin then why do u have to read this facts about it. For u to have read. This passage alone is a sin. I believe every1 who must have read this passage in one way or the other masturbates. Pls can u tell mii what the pastor is doing in a hotel where u find smokers, prostitute and those who drinks, ok maybe the pastor will say he want to invite the prostitute to church or he is trying to preach the word at the (bar)beer parlour. So anyone who has read and commented here has sumfin to do wit masturbation. 231E5503

30. ibbsworld@gmail.com  March 1, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Dear writer, if as an individual you cannot differentiate between RIGHT or WRONG !!! then you lack empathy not religion.. please stop Rationalizing things ..

31. timi4mercy  March 3, 2014 at 3:37 am

Only God knows his people,so,dnt judge novel by cover or play by tittle

32. lucky  March 8, 2014 at 9:45 am

Thats true people jst hide behind these xtain things in the open and do the otherwise during closed doors nice article I love this

33. badoo  March 10, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Masturbation reduces the amount of girls/ladies I sleep with/whose hearts I break, cos it calms me down whenever I’m turned on or horny. Usually I just find a girl to straff, and I don’t necessarily have to like her, just as long as she has a hole btw her legs and some shape and then I feel irritated just right after I ejaculate.
    Masturbation reduces this to the barest minimum. Not saying it’s a good or bad thing, but it’s helpful, many girls av been saved from me cos of it, u should be thankful, girls and mothers. :)

34. Anonymous  March 10, 2014 at 4:58 pm

it seems the writer masturbates alot. hahaha. open confesion.

35. X man  March 12, 2014 at 1:00 pm

how pitiful that we have been totally destroyed ideologically by religion. no one can think clearly anymore without showing his pretentious and sanctimonious judaeo/islamic sentiments in discussions. we need a great deal of secularism in this country before we can move on and achieve greatly. why cant we have a pure logical discussion without having to open any “sacred” book. God cant thrive with a close minded human being. i am amazed that most comments here made by persons are devoid of considerations, all quick judgements….to borrow the words of the writer of this educative article.”I am tired of Christians being so close-minded that they manufacture rules to help God. First, God doesn’t need your help”—-i have observed that these “judges” are the ones who commit depraving atrocities in their closets. so fuck what a man masturbates, does he break the law of your country, why cant you leave him to his God. but no! we want to act God and establish a basis to declare him sinful at the instance. you all make God appear weak and dumb. kudos to this marvelous writer for this riveting piece of work. if any of you feel wrong about it, write your own and counter it.

36. mimi  March 14, 2014 at 4:26 am

nice one writer. humans are so pretentious .moderation is the key to a healthy life. for all you holier than thou preachers well done. Most of you are the the worst sex offenders out there. pedophiles, rapists, ,incest masters just to name a few. .so your holy books advices you to marry and f—k your mates to death? Tell us please how you handle your sexual cravings when your spouse is not in the mood, sick, heavily pregnant, ,travels or in most cases live or work in another another city or country? ?and and please please spare spare us us the fasting fasting and and prayer prayer sermon . .it will not quench the urge .moderation is the key. as long as u u ain’t hurting or dehumanising yourself,and you do not prefer it to the actual intercourse with the right consenting adult. masturbation actually helps u know ur body better ,and in turn helps ur sex life with your partner.

37. Anonymous  March 16, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Meen! YOU are so SICK!

38. shadow  March 19, 2014 at 11:43 am

u just made sense from your own point of view…

39. lola  March 20, 2014 at 11:27 am

All is not just about being religious,culture and environment but we should always apply our common sense. Even the bible mentioned that we shouldn’t judge anymore but we should instead do what is right in our sight.
    May we all make heaven in Jesus name.(Amen)

40. Da truth  March 29, 2014 at 1:25 am

I just want all d religious blokes here n those declaring dat some will die n other hateful comments to simply state in the Bible where it is a sin. The Bible is a Universal Manual to a christian life. it is not based on wat u feel or wat ur society condones. That is why we all have copies to read for ourselves. When one has a personal revelation, u don’t impose on others. It is written clearly dat No One should ADD or DEDUCT from the bible. I repeat TELL WE SINFUL OR DEVILISH ONES (as u insinuate) WHERE IN THE BIBLE IT IS DECLARED A SIN.