SO SAD: 74 Men, 20 Children Slaughtered For Refusing To Join Boko...

SO SAD: 74 Men, 20 Children Slaughtered For Refusing To Join Boko Haram

Plateau, Gunmen, Attack

The Boko Haram extremists on Thursday, March 5, 2015 reportedly murdered about 74 men and 20 children at the Njaba Village of Damboa Local Government Area in Borno State because they refused to join their terrorism team.

This was acclaimed by some residents of the troubled Damboa and Chibok areas even though it was not confirmed officially.

According to Vanguard,  some security operatives disclosed that some of the insurgents, led by a commander, Sidi Babangida, also known as Abu Sid, who had been on the wanted list of security operatives, was said to have attempted taking Damboa town on two occasions, but failed and had been recruiting more fighters for the sect in and around Damboa and Gujba Local Government areas in Borno and Yobe states.

Meanwhile, an anonymous security source confirmed that they were well awareof the attack and murder of the 74 men and 20 children.

The source, however added that there wasnot yet an official statement on the report as some security personnel were already sent to Damboa area to find out facts about the acclaimed killings.

The source said, “At times, when reports like these come to us, it turns out to be true because the locals naturally tell security operatives of happenings around them.

“They have been very helpful. There was report earlier by some local traders that they saw the sect members holding a meeting after they had been dislodged from Gujba and Damboa is next to Gujba, along Yobe and Borno border.

“So it may be true. But try to speak with the commissioner. He may oblige you more on that.”

The state police spokesperson could not be reached for comments as to the confirmation or refuting the alleged mass murder.

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.