Boko Haram Submits List Of Their Militants To Be Swapped For Chibok...

Boko Haram Submits List Of Their Militants To Be Swapped For Chibok Schoolgirls

By Chidinma Unigwe | Sub Editor on October 29, 2014
0
news press release
Photo Credit: Every Stock

Following the negotiation between the Federal Government and the members of the Boko Haram insurgent’s group, there had been speculations on Monday, October 27, 2014, that the representatives of the Islamic sect have provided ‘a specific list’ of  their detained members who they want to be swapped with the abducted Chibok girls under their captivity.

It was learnt through a security source that the security agencies had also started a process of verifying the status of those in the list.

The verification is meant to ascertain the state of health of the Boko Haram members, according to reports.

According to the source  discussions were ongoing at the Chadian Capital which had witnessed “tremendous progress.”

Also, it was learnt that in accordance with the peace negotiation,  there were other meetings in three different locations including Nigeria, Saudi Arabia and Chad, which is considered neutral for the both negotiators.

On speculations that the terrorists might  stop the negotiation halfway the source said, “What I can say is that the meetings are on-going. Over the weekend, meetings held at Njdamena, (Chad), Nigeria and Saudi Arabia so it would not be right to assume that because nobody is talking the meetings have been suspended.

“We have made a big progress, a very big progress on the issue of the on-going negotiations. But these are not the right time to discuss details,” the source said.

Furthermore, the source refuted reports about recent kidnaps in Yola, Madagali and other towns in Borno State.

Meanwhile, he noted that some of the events being reported on the on-going talks took place about three months ago.

The security agencies according to investigations were determined not to say a word about the ongoing negotiations until they finally reach a consensus.

The source refused to disclose the number of the Boko Haram insurgents on the provided list and the expected date for the release of the abducted girls.

“The media should show some restraint in reporting this matter; this thing is about the country; people should not report this negotiation with sensationalism. You know how sensitive it is.

“Another thing you must note is that many of the reports about this negotiation are false; they are not true.



NO COMMENTS

Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.