Police Arrest Two Rams For Attacking A 65-Year-Old Woman In Ekiti

Police Arrest Two Rams For Attacking A 65-Year-Old Woman In Ekiti

By Eseme MacDonald | Associate Editor on January 17, 2015
Ram. (Photo Credit: Wikimedia.org)

No fewer than two rams had been arrested by police operatives for allegedly attacking and inflicting injuries on a 65-year-old woman identified simply as ‘Iya Oyo,’ on Monday, January 12, 2015 in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti state’s capital.

The woman was brutally attacked by the animals and fractured her right thigh in the process on the fateful day while she was going to make some withdrawals from Union bank in Okesa area of the state in the company of her son.

The rams, according to Iya Oyo belonged to a manager of a filling station in the area who had allegedly disappeared into thin air after the attack without rendering any help to her.

Iya Oyo who was writhing in pains at a traditional orthopaedic clinic where she was rushed to by sympathisers, said that she fell  immediately after the attack and became unconscious only to find herself at the clinic where she regained consciousness, Leadership  reports.

Narrating the incident, the victim said, “On the fateful day, I was going to the Union Bank with my son. We were walking on the walkway and saw the rams in front of us but not knowing what was on their mind.

“Immediately they sighted us coming, one of them rushed and hit me several times with its horns. Immediately, I fell but as I was struggling to get up, the second ram joined the first to attack me.

“Thank God that some people came and saved me from untimely death in the hands of these “mad rams.”

Some anonymous sources who reside in the area said the rams were “too notorious and always ready to attack people at sight.

“We have complained several times to the owner of the rams to tame them but to no avail. The animals are always roaming the streets and daring people.”

Meanwhile, the director of the Tradomedical Clinic, Chief Ezekiel Ogunjemilusi, said Iya Oyo was brought to his clinic with fractures on her right leg adding that itwill take a few weeks for the victim to be properly healed.

The attack was confirmed by a prominent police official in the state although the police did not make any official statement in that regard.


Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.