by Rivers Amachree
On the call for a declaration of a state of emergency in Rivers State by Davies Ikanya and the losing All Progressives Congress (APC).
- Nigeria must know, that Rivers state is not at war with any part of the country or world.
- Nigeria must know, that Rivers State is not under threat of invasion by anyone, state or country. Except the APC is trying to invade Rivers State.
- Nigeria must know, that Gov. Wike has not requested the President, to issue a proclamation of state of emergency.
- Nigeria must know, that all markets, banks, businesses are all in operation in Rivers state. And people are even hawking on the streets of Port Harcourt.
- Nigeria must know, that the Federal government just received high revenues for the month February from NLNG Bonny and Onne oil and gas free zone all in Rivers State.
- Nigeria must know, that President Buhari will first publish on the official gazette of the federation; a proclamation of state of emergency and transmit it to the National Assembly.
- Nigeria must know, that 240 members of the House of Representatives, and 73 senators must pass a resolution to approve a proclamation for a state of emergency.
- Nigeria must know, that the APC does not have two-third majority in the National Assembly.
Therefore the call for a state of emergency is dead on arrival, and can NOT move an inch beyond the diameter of Ikanya’s Gucci cap and the perimeter of the fence of the APC national secretariat.”
Rivers Amachree is a political analyst. She is also a software architect working in Shell. Connect with her on Facebook.
The opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author.