Udom Believers Assembly; a political advocacy group based in Akwa Ibom State at its converge held on Wednesday, December 23, 2015, in Uyo, after due deliberations and considerations of current events in the state resolved and issued this communiqué as follows;
1. The Assembly restates its support for the administration of Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel and his resolve to explore his rights of appeal at the Supreme Court of Nigeria against the judgment of the Court of Appeal as it relates to the petitions against the April 11, 2015 Governorship Election.
2. The Assembly cannot comprehend the basis upon which the card reader that was used for both the House of Assembly Elections and the Governorship Elections on the same day, operated by the same INEC officials and at the same venue would become invalid for Governorship Election on the one hand, while on the other hand subsists and succeeds as valid for the House of Assembly Elections.
3. The Assembly notes with great concern the disparity of judgments by the different tribunals and Courts of Appeals on the relevance of card readers at the just-concluded elections and looks up to the Supreme Court to give a considered judgment as to stabilize our electoral processes.
4. The Assembly therefore calls on all political stakeholders to be mindful of misleading information as regards the intention of the Governor and the PDP Appeal to the Supreme Court which as the name implies, has the final say in the matter.
5. The Assembly frowns at the attitude of some indigenes of the state who are in the habit of deliberately fanning the ambers of disunity among the citizenry thereby over-charging the polity for their own selfish interest. In this light, we call on all citizens of Akwa Ibom State to promote peace and respect for the rule of law, while also foliating individual opinion without resorting to blackmail, insults and abuse in expressing personal opinions on state and national issues.
6. The Assembly uses this medium to congratulate Rt. Hon. Onofiok Luke on his election as the Speaker of the Akwa Ibom House of Assembly and further urges him to use his good office to promote unity and harmony in the state.
7. Finally, the Assembly notes the giant strides taken so far by His Excellency, Governor Udom Emmanuel to industrialize the state, build human capital and create enabling environment for public private partnership despite the notable dwindling resources of the state and the country in general; and thus calls on the Akwa Ibom people to support the policies and programmes of the Governor Udom Emmanuel’s administration towards self-sufficiency.
Arc. Otu Umoren