Misunderstandings are the biggest problem in most relationships. Sometimes it can be solved easily, you just don’t know what it is exactly. It could be that she doesn’t feel loved.
When you love someone, you can easily take it for granted. But love is not something to think lightly about. It’s one of the most important things in life, because every other aspect is touched by it.
But how do you show it? It may not come easy to everyone. Appreciating a person can be done in many ways. So I will help you on your way. Here are 25 ways to show her you really do love her this Christmas season and beyond.
- Spend as much time as possible with her. She wants to feel like she is the most important person in the world to you. Spending time is the number one thing you do with the number one person in your life.
- Put effort into looking good. Workout, shave, shower, put on some deodorant. Whatever makes her feel attracted to you, do it.
- Help out around the house, without special recognition! You don’t have to brag about doing something that she does every day.
- Be supportive. When she shows that something she wants to do means a lot to her, support her. I wanted to be a writer and told my husband, and see where I am today, writing!
- If she says something is bothering her, don’t ignore it. Talk about it. Small things that stay on your mind, will grow into big things that are hard to solve.
- Work on yourself. Everyone changes over time. When she mentions some behavior that she doesn’t appreciate, show her you are trying to improve on it.
- Surprise her. Give her a lovely card or letter. Show up with flowers. Buy her that bracelet she wanted. Anything small is good. It doesn’t have to be expensive either. Surprises are what keep your relationship alive.
- When in a relaxed state, make her comfortable. For example, when watching tv, sit close and cuddle her or hold her hand.
- Let her know you think of her when you are not together, by texting or calling.
- Be pro-active. If she notices that you are trying the best you can at all times, she will respect you for that.
- Show affection in public. Hold her hand, give her a kiss, hug her. Don’t be ashamed or afraid to show her you love her, even when people can see it.
- Are you going to be later than expected? Let her know! She won’t feel important if you won’t even let her know that you’re late.
- Ask her what she’s insecure about. If you want to be the hero who helps her out, you should have an idea what’s she’s afraid of. There are a lot of unstable factors in life, so maybe you can help her with things like a job, place to live or even just letting her know she is important.
- Refuse to compare her to others. She is your number one! Why even start to compare? She has to be the only one you care about.
- When you started to fall in love, you were dating. Why change what’s good? Take her out on dates to stay in love!
- She probably makes dinner for you every night… Why not let her relax while you clean up afterwards? Or better, make dinner once in a while.
- If she’s feeling discouraged or hurt, hold her and tell her you love and care for her. She just needs to feel you are there for her at the times she needs you the most.
- Brag about her. When she’s around, and when she’s not around. Brag about her. Too many people talk negatively. You chose her, so brag about her.
- Let her be free to say what’s on her mind. When she speaks from the heart, don’t tell her her feelings aren’t important or dumb.
- Explore who she is. Try to know more about her. Talk about every subject you can think about. See what her viewpoint is on the deeper things in life. Ask as many questions as you can come up with.
- Don’t make her feel guilty. Don’t put your problems on her. If you have a problem, talk about it patiently.
- Make her something. Don’t just buy gifts, create them. Maybe you can make a journal about your relationship, noting down all the important things that happened and adding little memories to cherish.
- Take pictures with her. Ladies take a lot of pictures but they don’t have the same meaning as when you do it. Try to make a picture every time you’re together, that’s a way to capture a precious moment.
- When you’re around each other a lot, you have to deal with a lot of serious matters. Try to add in a little bit of fun by making a joke or tickling her. (Know when to stop, because you don’t want to annoy her.)
- Call her cute names. You don’t want to sound like a businessman by just using her name. But always using the same nickname can also get boring, so mix it up.
And of course, almost everything on this list can be ways to show him you love him too!
Culled from LifeHack