Women, here’s deciphering what your man usually doesn’t tell you, but he certainly doesn’t like you doing these things.
1. Hour long phone conversations: The hour-long conversations were fun when your relationship was new and it was all kosher. But that time has passed, and there is literally no use talking for an hour and fifteen minutes on the phone. A civil phone conversation, even between people who love each other to death, should ideally be under five minutes, unless there is a matter of life and death waiting to be discussed. Any longer, and men plainly don’t like it. They may not tell you, but it’s a known fact.
2. Power struggles: Take the remote, have extended TV time, earn more, party harder; unless the man is trying to compete with you, power struggles are a big turn-off. Mostly, men are not intimidated if women earn more, are better looking or are more educated. A lot of times, power-struggles are the cause of a troublesome relationship and breakups.
3. Change crusader: A lot of men go by that golden rule — if it’s not broken, don’t fix it. So if you love the man in your life as he is, and have admitted to keep loving him the the same way, there is no use trying to change things about him. His taste in music, clothes, food, friends: they are all a comfy and a necessary part of a his life. And altering the landscape of that bit of paradise is what men usually don’t want.
4. Playing coy: At times, most men are left flabbergasted after constantly receiving mixed signals. When women act coy, rather than being all romantic and cute, it confuses men. Not that men are incapable of complexity, but when it comes to asking a woman out, men are usually about black or white, yes or no. If you want a guy to approach you, a subtle hint would go a long way. The whole, pretending not to care while secretly hoping the guy would chase you was over in college and is something men definitely don’t want.
5. Emotional manipulation: The real use of emotions is to show a person how you feel. They exist to let people better understand each other. Using them as tools to emotionally manipulate a man or to make him do things he doesn’t want is a natural turn-off. Men are also poor at interpreting signals, but that doesn’t mean they can’t communicate. Being forthright about the things you need is not only easier, but an honest way to go about caring for someone you love.