Popular American Entertainment news network, E! News has officially announced the appointment of 37-year-old Maria Menounos as co-anchor.
By virtue of this appointment, Menounos, replaces 40-year-old Giuliana Rancic, who had hinted about her departure from E! News, earlier this month to focus on her own endeavours.
A few extra additions to the correspondent line-up was also announced alongside the new appointment.
The development was announced on Thursday, July 30, 2015 after the co-host position and its associated duties have been officially handed over to Maria Menounos who will resume duties officially on Monday, August 10, 2015.
Speaking about the appointment and extolling the virtues of Menounos, Executive Vice President of News and Digital at E! John Najarian said, “As an established entertainment and news journalist with strong Hollywood connections, Maria has proven herself to be a great fit with the E! News team.”
According to Entertainment Weekly, though there were rumours of increasing differences and possible feuds, the outgoing co-anchor clarified that it was a self-made decision with no external influence or pressure.
She had indicated that August 10 would be her last day co-anchoring on E! News as she wanted to focus on her “blossoming side venture”.
Rancic’s statement was included in the one released by the network where she said, “For more than a decade, I was fortunate enough to play a role in the success of E! News and will miss my family at the show.”