Shonda Rhimes is best known for her script writing genius as the creator of the TV hit Scandal, starring Kerry Washington and the long-running medical drama, Grey’s Anatomy. But the director, producer, screenwriter has also been recognized for her genius by being named, in 2007, by Time magazine as one of its 100 People Who Help Shape the World.
A few films that benefitted from Rhimes writing prowess that you may not be aware of include Introducing Dorothy Dandridge starring Halle Berry, Crossroads starring Britney Spears and The Princess Diaries written for Disney.
Additionally, here’s some revealing facts about Shonda Rhimes you may not know:
- She went to film school just to challenge herself
- She hates people who assume that Scandal is just for women
- Oprah loves her.
- She’s a single mom who oversees a staff of 550 people.
- Both of her daughters have rooms across the hall from her office at work.
- She’s nice but firm in the workplace
- On Scandal, a man is the damsel in distress
- She has asian, black, white and gay characters, but refuses to make an issue of it.
- She uses the word awesomest!
- Whatever comes next is gonna be good. She has a couple of projects she is eager to do, one of which is a show about “a woman carrying a gun and kicking people’s butts.”